[Gllug] FreeNX vs VNC?

KJS lists at netzensolutions.com
Tue Oct 27 08:53:35 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

I have a number of users logging in over VNC and leaving hanging desktop
sessions which is using up loads of memory (some users are running a
couple of VNC sessions...).

Which is running X & Gnome etc for each user and causing the server to
swap out !

I am wondering if I switch to FreeNX would this over come the problem? I
remember reading that FreeNX shared memory with other process that used
the same application (like MS TS does).

I wondered if this was the case? As I can't find any info to back it up
on their website.

Or if anyone has any other solutions... it's that or I banish VNC :)

TIA

KJS
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk