[Gllug] Combine multiple pdf files to single document

Paul Rayner Paul.Rayner at ylemsolutions.com
Wed Oct 14 14:45:23 UTC 2009

On 5 Oct 2009, at 13:00, - Tethys wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 6:42 PM, John G Walker
> <johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/
>>
>> That page tells lies:
>>
>> "Olé! SuSE provides pdftk with their latest versions."
>>
>> First it suggests OpenSUSE version 10 is the latest version. Second,
>> the link doesn't work. And third, you can't get Yast to obtain it fro
>> version 10 anyway. It wasn't found.
>>
>> Given the age of that page, I'm wondering if there's support for the
>> package any more,
>
> It's been present in Fedora since IIRC F9 or so. I used it extensively
> during the preparation of my girlfriend's book. Sadly, the Java-ness
> pulls in 34MB of dependencies for a 91K app. But such is life. Anyway,
> I find it indispensable for messing around with PDFs. Highly
> recommended.
>
> Tet

I've been looking for something like this for months. Not only is it
cross-platform but it doesn't break links within the documents. I've
just tried it out on my Mac, one of my servers, and a Windows box and
it works nicely on all 3. I've been using 'convert' on linux,
CombinePDFs (also very good) on my mac, and all sorts of rubbish on
Windows.

Finding things like this is why this mailing list is worth it's
weight in gold and more than makes up for the tedious rants which
follow a lot of [VACANCY] posts :-)

Thanks guys.

Regards,

Paul