[Gllug] wicd manager

lucypeters at mail.com lucypeters at mail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:12:49 UTC 2009

> > > - Plugging a cable in to the
wifi router ports in the same
> > > combination as before
(not using wan) should treat the wifi router
> > > as
just a switch. This is also a test of that connection from cable

> > router to wifi router.
> > >

> I have also plugged a cable to router port no.2

Okay, does that cable work? If the laptop is plugged in to it
rather

yes I plugged the cable in router port no.2 and able to log in to http://192.168.0.1/ page

> The wifi router is both a DHCP server and a DHCP client, setting it as a
> server, is fine, that'll work for all your devices attaching over wifi
> and wired.
>
> However it needs to be a client (just like your laptop) and pick up the
> its IP address handed it by the cable router and as we see below...
>
> > DHCP
> > Server
> >
> > Enabled
> >

> > WAN
> >
> > Connection
> >
> > DHCP
> > Client Disconnected
>
> Disconnected isn't ideal. One thing you've not tried yet, is using the
> wifi router web UI to manually enter in the IP/def.gw details in to the
> WAN configuration at this point. Those details are the ones mentioned
> in previous emails.

I have pressed the button to “DHCP Release “ and it said “Release IP successful”.

have pressed the button to “DHCP Renew “ and it said “Renew IP
timeout”

DHCP
Client is still disconnected.

Can you remind me of those details that mentioned in previous emails?