[Gllug] ebook readers for technical books

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 12:15:56 UTC 2009

> I would stick to "older" technology (netbooks, specially earlier ones,

If they had screens like the ebooks then I would

> I played a bit with the Sony reader and was unimpressed, it felt
> cumbersome and very impractical.

But the screen is so much more comfortable to read than a computer screen.

> Now that there are editorials out there that distribute technical
> books without all the DRM nonsense I don't want to encourage the
> companies peddling cripple-ware to read books.

I agree - and I can't see ebooks taking off significantly while the
publishers try to "sell" such restricted items for the full cost of a
hardback book.

--

Sean Burlington
www.practicalweb.co.uk