[Gllug] Keyboard reccomendarions

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Oct 1 15:42:56 UTC 2009

On 1 Oct 2009, at 14:51, Joel Bernstein wrote:
[...]
> It satisfies none of your criteria but I'll make the obligatory
> Model M plug.

Ah, the Model M, the only keyboard that you can use to club lusers to
death with, and then use afterwards to write their obituary. I used to
have one, but it went walkies. Unicomp now have the patent and sell
them online: http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/keyboards.html

I'm quite partial to Cherry keyboards. They're still suction-cup
rather than microswitch keyboards, but the travel is not as harsh as
the £3 specials and I can type on them indefinitely. I use this model: http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/dp/B0011B7DP2

For mice, I recommend a bog standard Microsoft wheel mouse. Again, a
no-frills model that just concentrates on doing a single job well. I
also quite like Apple's Mighty Mouse, but its ergonomics is not for
everybody and I strongly recommend trying one first.

Whether made/branded by IBM, Microsoft or Apple, they're bog standard
AT, PS/2 and/or USB devices and work fine on any OS, of course.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk