[Gllug] 2.6.31 is out

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 13 17:29:31 UTC 2009

2009/9/13 John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com>:
> 2009/9/13 Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson at gmail.com>:
>>

>> home-built kernel.  Of course you may not care about that - but my
>> (limited) experience of HPC setups is that they tend to run Redhat or
>> SUSE.

You've also got to factor in support for filesystems. I'd guess rabid
Debianites on this list will say that Debian is more free, and support
every living filesystem under the Sun (pun slightly intended) and that
you're a fool to use anything else as you'll get screwed over for
support costs by The Man (yadda yadda yadda).
The cluster filesystem I use isn't supported under Debian, so I don't
drink the Debian koolaid.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk