[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:16:42 UTC 2009

Christopher Hunter wrote:
> I will soon.  The majority of my peers have.  I'm only staying here for
> the benefit of my Father.

Please tell me where they have gone and where you are going, I really
want to know!

England is still a decent enough country for now, but the future
definitely isn't bright unless something changes (probably a lot less
decent than it used to be in my parent's generation though in fairness).
Can't imagine my children living their lives out here... I certainly
hope not for their sake.

>> It's your divinely-allotted role in life.
>>

> Nonsense.  Get off your fat arse and do something about your position.
> I did, and so can anyone else.

That's the point, you should be able to work you way up but it's
becoming increasingly difficult to do so, I have real sympathy with
others from my generation and the next... bright, decent people who have
gotten nowhere as the system steepens against them.

Still I could just throw my hands up and say it's not my problem now,
but I have more compassion than that.. it's painful to care about the
world around you IMHO.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon