[Gllug] Intermittent Network Loss on Centos Web Server

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 21:15:24 UTC 2009

Search me.
but as JLMS suggests, try a different switch.
I had a case once where a system was tested thoroughly before being
shipped to site. This system had a brand-new (as I remember) Marvell
ethernet interface on-board.
Customer puts it in, and after half an hour use the network interface
goes down. Reboot and its OK. The cause? If you look in the code for
that drive it warned you that there was a known problem with Explicit
Network Congestion packets and Cisco switches.
Solution - put in a PCI NIC card.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk