[Gllug] Intermittent Network Loss on Centos Web Server

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Sep 22 21:43:52 UTC 2009

On 22/09/2009 22:26, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Assuming that the network infrastructure is otherwise sane and
> functional, pretty much every intermittent problem with network cards
> on Linux can be solved by ripping out the useless piece of crap
> currently installed, and replacing it with an Intel card.

Oh do stop talking bollocks, Peter.

I have literally hundreds of non-Intel gige networks cards in the DC I'm
currently responsible for which work just fine, and almost none of them
are Intel.

Sure there _are_ shonky bits of kits out there, but spouting crap like
you did above just makes you look like a bit of a twat,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk