[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Sep 9 17:30:19 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, 9 Sep 2009, Christopher Hunter wrote:
>Nonsense.  The effective abolition of privilege by successive leftist
>"governments" has led to the virtual destruction of British society.
>Even Thatcher aimed for a "classless society".

So what you're saying is that Maggie was too left-wing for you?

>This country is now so
>badly broken that anyone with a modicum of education or intelligence is
>looking for another country to move to!

I've been hearing that for decades. Funny how you aren't all _gone_ by
now, isn't it?

>The British used to understand their personal positions in society, and
>were relatively happy with their lot.

Back to the Victorian era, boys! You may be a chimney sweep by
accident of birth, but that's OK! It's your divinely-allotted role in
life.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Oil is for sissies
Yesterday was Brieday, August.