[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Sep 9 18:35:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 18:30 +0100, David Damerell wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 Sep 2009, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> >Nonsense.  The effective abolition of privilege by successive leftist
> >"governments" has led to the virtual destruction of British society.
> >Even Thatcher aimed for a "classless society".
>
> So what you're saying is that Maggie was too left-wing for you?

No - but she didn't understand the value of a properly structured,
stratified society.

> >This country is now so
> >badly broken that anyone with a modicum of education or intelligence is
> >looking for another country to move to!
>
> I've been hearing that for decades. Funny how you aren't all _gone_ by
> now, isn't it?

I will soon.  The majority of my peers have.  I'm only staying here for
the benefit of my Father.

> >The British used to understand their personal positions in society, and
> >were relatively happy with their lot.
>
> Back to the Victorian era, boys!

Yes please.  Perhaps there would be less moaning and complaining about
"rights" and people would make an effort to get on with their lives,
rather than expect the world to support them.

> You may be a chimney sweep by accident of birth, but that's OK!

Tough shit!  Read a book or two - there are huge public libraries that
cost NOTHING to use, and the majority of people would rather slouch on
their sofas watching pap on TV rather than make any effort to learn
anything.

> It's your divinely-allotted role in life.

Nonsense.  Get off your fat arse and do something about your position.
I did, and so can anyone else.

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk