[Gllug] 2.6.31 is out

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Sun Sep 13 13:59:01 UTC 2009

Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson at gmail.com> writes:

> Just out of interest, what do you do if you want to run the latest and
> greatest kernel?  If you're running one of the 'Enterprise' flavours
> of Linux, there won't be a package, and if you build your own from
> scratch I'd be surprised if you'd then be offered any support.  Do you
> run Gentoo or Slackware, or something that is supportive / encouraging
> of DIY solutions?  Or do you just go ahead an build your own anyway?

Debian (and therefore Ubuntu) have facilities to create package files
from a pristine kernel source. I don't know what they'd do about support
but I doubt you'd be turned away.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk