[Gllug] 2.6.31 is out

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 13 09:57:24 UTC 2009

2009/9/13 Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson at gmail.com>:

> Just out of interest, what do you do if you want to run the latest and
> greatest kernel?  If you're running one of the 'Enterprise' flavours
> of Linux, there won't be a package, and if you build your own from
> scratch I'd be surprised if you'd then be offered any support.  Do you
> run Gentoo or Slackware, or something that is supportive / encouraging
> of DIY solutions?  Or do you just go ahead an build your own anyway?

Good point.

I'm just trying to make a post to the list which actually has
something to do with Linux rather than political  wittering. (And no,
FreeBSD hosting does not count. BSD users - slightly to the right of
Ghengis Khan the lot of them).

In a more full answer to your question, I am enthused about this
announcement because features like that eventually will make their way
through to the Enterprise distributions.
There is already Perfmon http://perfmon2.sourceforge.net/ if you want
to start looking at this sort of thing.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk