[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:11:21 UTC 2009

Lesley wrote:
> Young professionals probably have reasonable career and salary expectations and so know that things will
> improve for them.
I think you're right, it will eventually improve for them, it's just a
shame that the best years of the lives of the best people will be wasted
before they can get a huge mortgage on a flat, never mind a house and a
family to reproduce and sustain their number.

> I'd say that it needs more thought top avoid that anomaly .... some people might be able to make
> that leap which I think stands between £40-£60 per week lost income ... but they probably do it
> by having a 'safe' job option and not just working down the chippy to pull the money in and by
> borrowing in the short term from family.  If you don't have that support then it can be problematic.

I know painfully well how hard it is to get anywhere with no money, no
family, no job, no help, no contacts, and not even stable accommodation
from council property because you're not determined to be a priority
type ...

I think I'll turn liberal on the issue though since it's not my problem
any more and it's too much effort to think logically and want to fix
anything ...  ;-)

-h

--
Hari Sekhon