[Gllug] The total cost of ownership to Ealing Council

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Sat Sep 5 20:33:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-05 at 19:51 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

>    There is a report on The Register and apparently in the Guardian
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/04/ealing_council_mystery_malware/

Fixed the URL for you!

> although I do not understand why they describe the conficker virus as
> unknown.

I think they mean that it was a mystery where it came from.

> Moving to Free open Source

Ealing Council?  No - they'd rather spend huge amounts of YOUR money on
crapware that doesn't work properly and will suffer from the same
insecurities in another 5 years as it does now.  £600k (according to the
article) will be entirely wasted!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk