[Gllug] Long term Opensuse

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 09:33:41 UTC 2009

2009/9/15 Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk>:
> openSUSE is the *community* driven project. Most releases are supported
> (By the community) for a minimum of two years but you'll probably still
> find someone in 2050 who can help with your openSUSE 10.1 install.

Well I did try out 10,10.2 and a bit of 11 .
I am not sure why we have to accept huge license agreements in the
community distro's .. though I didn't read them much they do really
look like the EULA .. yeah I am talking of opensuse .

The website www.opensuse.org has been the toughest distro page ever to
navigate :( I used to search for where to click to get my appropriate
opensuse which I like .

Having said all that I really appreciate the KDE community in opensuse
. They release the packages quickly . There was a Open suse KDE4 live
cd before anyone else ( even ubuntu) had one out .. kudos to KDE team
in open suse and booh to Novell and it's lawyers :P

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri