[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 10 11:59:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:30:32 +0100 Hari Sekhon
<hpsekhon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I was referring to a culture of increasing debt being ok

This is not "culture", it's how capitalism survived the crisis of the
1970s and "communism" didn't.

You seem to swing between making (ill-founded) comments about
contemporary capitalism in general on the one hand and the specifics of
the UK on the other. As another poster has pointed out, you can find
the same moaning in every developed country in the world (and in every
developed part of the rest of the world).

I would like to add my voice to those asking for you to stop posting
these comments to this list. In my case it's not because I'm not
interested in these subjects. Far from it. I'm an economic historian by
profession and I subscribe to many lists which discuss these issues, at
a considerably higher level. But I subscribed to this list because I
use Linux. If I wanted to discuss right-wing prejudices there are large
number of usennet groups out there I could subscribe to.  I prefer
facts.

Could we get back to Linux, please,

--
 All the best,