[Gllug] SmartDevices SmartQ

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Sep 3 23:11:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 13:17 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 09/03/2009 12:14 PM, Richard Jones wrote:
> > Anyone got/tried one of these babies (linked from LWN today):
> >
> > http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26366
> >

> I'd guess the n810 from Nokia makes a better all around package, comes
> with gps and a massive repo of stuff already working, and you can get
> that off the net these days for about £120
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219 at icq

I've been playing with a pre-production Nokia N900 - it's an iPhone
killer!

The Nokias outperform any of the SmartQ devices, and have phone
facilities as well.

Apple won't be able to give their phones away when the new Nokia is
released.  It works well as a phone (unlike the iPhone which has
appalling receive sensitivity), has an excellent camera (unlike the
iPhone), has huge memory (32 Gb on the one I'm trying), has LOTS of
applications (all of which are FREE) and the OS seems very stable
(unlike the persistent "lock-ups" with the iPhone).  The initial release
price will be quite high, but it's sure to come down as they become
trendy and more common!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk