[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:28:20 UTC 2009

Alex Smith wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> On 09/01/2009 10:58 AM, Alex Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Computer Science has any applications to working in IT?
>>>
>> Are you, perhaps, using the term 'IT' to mean sysadmin and helpdesk
>> support roles only ?
>>

> No

My company is full of comp sci grads who are re-trained straight out of
college and recycled as business analysts rather than IT
sysadmin/programmer people. We're green for IT converting what would
otherwise be employment wastage! (let's face it, they're unlikely to get
jobs against people who have 10 years experience and are floating around
the market waiting for a job)

-h

--
Hari Sekhon