[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Sun Sep 13 14:35:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 14:56 +0100, Nix wrote:
> On 10 Sep 2009, Christopher Hunter uttered the following:
> > No.  Historically, I had mortgages and bank loans.  I worked hard to pay
> > off my mortgage(s) early as soon as the Westminster criminals removed
> > income tax relief on them.
>
> So here you are complaining about the reduction of a government subsidy
> on housing...

No.  I'm actually complaining about penurious rates of taxation.

> > If I didn't have to contribute for the benefit of the workshy, if I
> > didn't have to pay for the inefficiencies of the NHS, if I didn't have
> > to pay over-inflated prices for infrastructure projects and support a
> > largely ineffectual government bureaucracy, my tax burden would be much
> > lighter, and I would actually feel quite content that the level of
> > taxation was appropriate.
>
> ... and here you are complaining about the existence of government

Nonsense.  I'm actually complaining about the ineffectual, corrupt
government that we have landed ourselves with...

> (unless it is perfectly efficient, because of course all other human
> institutions are so much more efficient than it is!)

Actually, the vast majority of other "human institutions" are MUCH more
efficient and less faulty than the government we have in this country.

> I spy a contradiction.

You're wrong.

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk