[Gllug] 2.6.31 is out

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Sep 14 23:32:07 UTC 2009

On 14 Sep 2009, Peter Corlett stated:
> My RS232 inline monitor has been *very* handy in the past for
> debugging that kind of setup. Usually the problem with no data flowing
> is a cable (or port!) that's not wired up as expected.

Almost certainly. (Also, aren't there length limits? Even if you're
using an Ethernet cable for part of the run that part's not going to
change, and if the cable is long...)

> Commercial units are probably as rare as hen's teeth now, but they're
> also really simple and suitable for a first electronics project.
> (Especially as there's about a fiver's worth of parts in it, tops, and
> they seem to sell for ten times that.)

Hah. With my coordination I have a choice of buying one or trying
different cables until one works. The latter is likely to be cheaper so
is what I'm trying first...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk