[Gllug] korgac problem

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:36:21 UTC 2010

On 20 April 2010 12:22, Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know this is a fairly specific problem, but my google has failed to come up
> with anything relevant ...
>
> I've just started using KDE4.3 (having been using 3.5) and have come across a
> very annoying problem with the korgac reminder applet. Basically, when the
> daemon is running the machine becomes highly unresponsive - switching windows
> takes 3 to 5 seconds;

Smells like a name resolution problem to me.
Always suspect name resolution when you hit problems like this.
I could of course be wrong - it has been known!

Is this korgac applet perhaps making a query to some external server?
What does localhost resolve to on your machine?

Or it is trying to open a connection to a particular port on
'localhost' which is blocked in this version?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk