[Gllug] Cloning software for CentOS 4 system

gvim gvimrc at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:27:24 UTC 2010

I need to clone a CentOS 4.3 server which has 3 x 150GB WD Raptors in a RAID5 configuration via an LSI MegaRAID card. However, I'll be doing away with the RAID and restoring to a single 1TB 7200rpm drive. The filesystem is ext3 with minimal/standard partitions, ie. /,  /boot and /swap. Since everything is currently on /dev/sda can I fool the restore into maintaining the device by simply substituting a SATA drive or will it be expecting a RAID setup and fail to restore?

Which open source solution is recommended if this is doable? I need the restored disk to be bootable. Clonezilla states that online imaging/cloning isn't supported so how would you use Clonezilla for this kind of job?

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk