[Gllug] shell-fu to monitor multiple log files simultaneously?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Apr 13 09:39:55 UTC 2010

On 13/04/10 10:22, Thomi Richards wrote:
> shells on my machine, SSH into the target machine three times, and
> then do a "tail -f", and finally arrange the three shells so i can see

you could use multitail for getting the same result.

On the other hand : do you really want to 'eyeball' log files ? why not
syslog them, get that into a format you can build a report around, and
just have that update a status page with the bits you are most
interested in.

--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh at karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh