[Gllug] Open Source Hardware User Group meeting on Thursday.

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Wed Apr 28 13:27:16 UTC 2010

Andrew Back wrote:
> On (13:59 28/04/10), Martyn Drake wrote:
>
>> On 28 April 2010 13:30, Andrew Back <andrew at osmosoft.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Also note that whilst Beta formats continued to enjoy popularity for industrial
>>> applications, it wasn't much fun growing up in the 80s/90s as the kid in the
>>> class whose parents remained committed to their Betamax or Laserdisc
>>> investment...
>>>
>> Well, that may be, but at least you could always say that you had the
>> superior format ;)
>>

> Yes, as you watched those seven same films over and over again :o) When I
> was a child we had a Grundy Newbrain, and despite my father's claims of this
> being superior I still coveted the ZX Spectrum which nearly all my friends
> had.
>
> cheers,
>
> Andrew

*dons cloth cap* Pah you were lucky to have 7!

My folks had a Feguson videostar VHS toploader when they first came out
and for many, many years me and my brother only had 3 films - Star wars,
Diamonds are forever and Moonraker, all taped of ITV round Christmas
resplendent with hand painted inserts, Nannette Newman era Fairy Liquid
ads and gravelly voiced continuity announcers. Watched them thin we did.

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk