[Gllug] Test gigabit LAN between Fedora 12 and Snow Leopard

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 29 10:09:18 UTC 2010

> Any recommended software for testing this gigabit LAN connection from the Fedora 12 box?

The tools you need are 'ethtool' to report the interface status,
and 'netperf' to do bandwidth tests. I don't think there is a netperf
RPM - I usually download and install from source.
You install netperf at borh ends, and at one end run 'netserver' - you
can do this as a non-root user.
Then at the other end run netperf and select the host running netserver.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk