[Gllug] shell-fu to monitor multiple log files simultaneously?

Thomi Richards thomir at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 09:22:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm logging in remotely to a Linux server, on which I would like to
monitor three separate log files. Currently I open three separate
shells on my machine, SSH into the target machine three times, and
then do a "tail -f", and finally arrange the three shells so i can see
everything at once. What I'm after is a command that lets me achieve
the same thing - monitor multiple log files with tail, but have them
arranges in columns / rows within a single terminal. Is this possible?

Oh, and bonus points if I can do the same thing on a mac, which has a
subset of the same unix tools...

Cheers,
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk