[Gllug] Open Source Hardware User Group meeting on Thursday.

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Apr 28 23:11:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 19:37 +0000, Chris Bell wrote:

>    A friend returned from a business trip to China just over a year ago and
> told me that the only computers he could find that were running Microsoft
> were the flight information computers at the airport, and they had all
> crashed to blue screens. Every other computer he could find was running
> Linux.

That pretty much mirrors my experience over there - everything I saw ran
some sort of Linux - from desktop machines in offices to production line
process controllers in factories.  I also saw crashed Windows machines -
at the airport (American Airlines' check-in desk had four Windows boxes
which had crashed), and several crashed, NT-based ATMs.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk