[Gllug] Rsync dovecot Maildir directories

Steve Kemp steve at steve.org.uk
Wed Apr 7 09:46:49 UTC 2010

On Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 00:37:31 +0100, gvim wrote:

> > Can you connect to the IMAP server on port 143 on your localhost
> > with that username and password?
> >
> Yes, I have Thunderbird connected to it and it's all working.

  If you're really connecting to localhost:143 in thunderbird then
 that is an oddity.  I'd be tempted to suggest the settings are confused
 and you're really going elsewhere.

  However it should be easy enough to test.  What happens if you
 run:

   telnet localhost 143

  If you see a prompt/banner/response then it is running and the
 error message we all diagnosed from is confused at best, or wrong at
 worst.

  If you see no response, or connection refused, then the error message
 was valid and your thunderbird setup is not as described.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk