[Gllug] Open Source Hardware User Group meeting on Thursday.

Walter Stanish walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com
Wed Apr 28 22:43:48 UTC 2010

>   No, not sarcasm. He was looking at the operating systems actually in use,
> not what was on sale. He went to Shenzhen as a buyer.

I can only assume your friend was buying in a very specific sector.

As a general rule, Linux in China (as everywhere) is huge in embedded and
servers.  In my experience in the country (~8 years, many cities,
~2001-2009),
you really don't see it anywhere else at all, that is: outside of
universities and
hackers.  As an employer, I found it very hard to find solid Linux talent
outside
of major universities / software development parks.

- Walter