[Gllug] Open Source Hardware User Group meeting on Thursday.

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Wed Apr 28 19:37:22 UTC 2010

On Wed 28 Apr, Walter Stanish wrote:

> For most situations there's no need for a VMs or SSH tunelling or TOR
> > (or sarcasm ;) although all that stuff has it's place and in some
> > situations would be sensible to use, if for example you were a tech
> > consultant visiting China for example
>

> Ha!  This sort of threat is thrown way out of proportion by the western
> media.
> I lived there most of last decade, and I'm actually going there on
> business in a
> couple of weeks.  Needless to say, I won't be taking any extra security
> measures.
>
> - Walter

   A friend returned from a business trip to China just over a year ago and
told me that the only computers he could find that were running Microsoft
were the flight information computers at the airport, and they had all
crashed to blue screens. Every other computer he could find was running
Linux.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk