[Gllug] netbook recommendations

Christopher Currie ccurrie at usa.net
Wed Aug 18 22:33:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:55:23 -0400 Andrew Farnsworth <farnsaw at stonedoor.com>
wrote:

> To drag this conversation back on track, I would recommend getting one of
> the new Acer Aspire One's that have the new dual core dual thread (hyper
> threading) CPUs that run a 1.66 Ghz.

Does this (or any of those that have been recommended) have a solid-state hard
drive?

I still have an old EEPC 701 and it does what I wanted it for - but only
because the hard drive's solid state. Would like to replace it next year with
a new Linux netbook - but (recent posts excepted) they all seemed to have
Windoze and a mechanical hard drive.

Christopher Currie

--
It's not 'like' we own slaves, so let's talk as if we don't.
Say No to old slaveholders' dialect - 'like' is not a conjunction.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk