[Gllug] Netbook recommendations

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 07:49:09 UTC 2010

On 16/08/10 07:56, Christof Meerwald wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 14:49:59 +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>> Anyone care to recommend some Linux netbooks? Thinking of buying some to
>> allow some sofa surfing ... my kids have a better PC than mine but there's
>> isn't near the TV...

I have the Dell Mini 10 runs most distributions with varying levels of
success. It currently has Ubuntu Lucid on it simply because I'm too lazy
to configure stuff (Like wifi under Arch Linux).

There is only two things I'd highlight with it the track pad takes a bit
of getting used too as its basically one big button and it does get a
bit hot TBH other than that its a lovely machine.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode