[Gllug] Netbook recommendations

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Mon Aug 16 06:56:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 14:49:59 +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> Anyone care to recommend some Linux netbooks? Thinking of buying some to
> allow some sofa surfing ... my kids have a better PC than mine but there's
> isn't near the TV...

I am pretty happy with my Acer Ferrari One - mainly because it has a
proper CPU (AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor L310) and runs 64-bit
Ubuntu 10.04 and also supports hardware assisted virtualisation (i.e.
allows me to run KVM virtual machines). Atom-based netbooks usually
only support 32-bit mode and don't support hardware assisted
virtualisation, but have much better battery life instead.

If you only want to do sofa surfing, it might be overkill though.

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk