[Gllug] Backup drive for CentOS 5 remote setup

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:28:34 UTC 2010

Can anyone recommend a 500GB USB2.0 backup drive which does not require onsite setup beyond plugging-in and turning on? I want to have someone attach it to a CentOS 5 server and do the rest on the command line  remotely. My current choice is:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149457

.... but I can't be sure it will just show up under /media once powered up. I want to reformat it with ext3 so everything should be OK so long as I can find it under /dev.

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk