[Gllug] Old Laptop wanted

sean S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 13:06:23 UTC 2010

James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a need for an old laptop.
> Requirements:
> It will running a remote X session so CPU power is not too much of an issue.
> It should be able to netboot and boot from a usb stick.
> It should have a serial port. (serial port via USB is not an option)
>
> So, if anyone has an old Laptop they are not using, I would appreciate it.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> James

something like an older x series thinkpad would be suitable. usb,
serial, ethernet and run linux with no problems. i have an x21 somewhere
that i used as a server a few years ago and i need to make sure i
haven't used it for spares, otherwise it is yours.

regards

sean

--
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by
guarantee.  Registration number: 977818 England.  Registered Office:
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk