[Gllug] Backup drive for CentOS 5 remote setup

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 23:25:44 UTC 2010

On 16/08/2010 23:33, Tethys wrote:

> ...or just get a portable drive (which is apparently what the marketing
> people have decided to call drives powered over USB). I currently have
> a 640GB Seagate portable drive plugged into a CentOS server in a datacentre.
> Which reminds me, I really must go and collect it one of these days...
>
> Tet

Maybe you got lucky with the USB-powered drive as it probably doesn't come with automatic power-down in idle state which causes mount headaches under Linux. See my reply to Karanbir re Linux incompatibilities with the Seagate FreeAgent Pro models. Apparently it was all over the tech press a few years back how they left Linux out in the cold.

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk