[Gllug] Printer recommendations

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 19:54:50 UTC 2010

I was given some time back an Epson Colour Inkjet.
I hardley ever use it - as a consequence every time I do the damn thing needs
several cleaning cycles before it produces anuything remotely acceptable.
Inkjets are really only OK if you use them regularly (or at least remember to
print any old thing periodically to keep the heads clean).  And as already
pinted out the cost of the ink is horrific unless you can find cheap
non-manufacturer ink that works OK. They are also generally pretty damn slow
compared with lasers.   Lasers on the other hand are much faster, don't suffer
clogging,  and need replacement toner much less often (but with colour lasers
at least they make a fairly big dent in the wallet!)

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk