[Gllug] Ropey GPS software.

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Sat Aug 7 03:43:00 UTC 2010

On 06/08/10 01:20, Nix wrote:
> On 5 Aug 2010, general spake thusly:
>
>> http://www.technicalbloke.com/errors.txt
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas? Might it have unsatisfied dependencies? If so
>> what? I've done a fair bit of coding before but using dynamic languages
>> exclusively so this "make" stuff is all new to me!
>>
> The key is this:
>
> /var/tmp/silabs/rpmbuild/BUILD/cp210x-3.0.0/cp210x.c:79:27: error: asm/semaphore.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from /var/tmp/silabs/rpmbuild/BUILD/cp210x-3.0.0/cp210x.c:95:
>
> I'm forced to wonder how *old* this is? include/asm/semaphore.h was
> replaced with include/linux/semaphore.h immediately after the release of
> 2.6.25, two *years* ago. It is really quite implausible that a driver
> that old will still work with a vaguely current kernel with no
> adjustments. That driver looks like classic abandonware to me.
>
> Of course you could always downgrade to 2.6.25, if you like a mass of
> unfixed security holes and a kernel two releases older than the oldest
> supported -stable kernel... I bet this is a 2.6.18 driver, actually,
> probably targetted at RHEL or something.

That's OK, this is a one off so I can install an old distro on an old
box for the sake of getting the data off. Do you think there's much
chance it would work smoothly on something with the 2.6.25 kernel then?
Fedora 9 for example?

I'm sure it's utterly out of date badly coded crap but I can't see any
better options at the mo :(

Cheers,

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk