[Gllug] Can't delete files from Time Capsule mounted on Centos5

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 00:20:09 UTC 2010

I'm in charge of a small office server running Centos5.5 providing mail and Samba workgroup file shares. The server is backed up to a (Apple) Time Capsule which I configured a while ago to run as a bog standard Samba share mounted under /mnt. I recently tried deleting a 160GB folder on the share and managed to get it down to the last 2.5GB before it refused to delete any more files. Now it seems to be full of files which just can't be deleted. I run rm -f on them individually to see what's going on and it pretends they're not there even there though listed via ls -l. I suspect this is some weird OS X vs Linux implementation of extended attributes or SAMBA permissions but I don't know where to start.

Anyone had problems with Mac files sitting on Linux shares and/or using these "Time Capsules"? Grr!

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk