[Gllug] Black screen, probably a KDE fault.

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Mon Aug 30 11:24:28 UTC 2010

On Monday 30 August 2010, John G Walker wrote:
> Help!!!!
>
> I'm running OpenSuSE 11.2 with KDE 4. It's all been running hunk-dory
> until about 15 minutes ago when the screen decided to go black, leaving
> only the active windows showing.
>
> It's not a a hardware problem, since I can see and use my email client
> (as you can see), but I can't get hold of any program that doesn't open
> automatically on starting up. I can also use the command line but
> opening a non-KDE session. I've tried shutting down and rebooting.
>
> Anyone got any ideas? An immediate response would be appreciated,

I've had similar happen on 11.2 and 11.3 - can you try changing the desktop
theme (manually placing a copy of the control centre's .desktop file in the
autostart directory will bring it up at login ...)

It's just an idea, though ...

--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk