[Gllug] Ubuntu 10.10 PPC on PowerMac G5 hardware issues?

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 10:13:45 UTC 2010

On 03/12/2010 03:22, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
> So don't you have to mod a PC motherboard with an EFI bios to get it to
> run OSX? If you can do that maybe it's worth you trying to replace the
> bios chip on your Mac. Or am I misunderstanding how Hackintoshes work?
>
> Roger

These days a hackintosh can be built with minimal hacking so long as you buy compatible hardware - usually a Gigabyte board and nVidia graphics card. I was lucky to find this site - www.kakewalk.se - before I built mine. The iso download produces an installation CD which facilitates the installation of a retail Snow Leopard disk and at the end of the install you simply run a package which modifies and inserts a few kexts. I had it all tickety-boo first time and updated to 10.6.4 without any issues though the recent 10.6.5 software update has been a pain.

gvim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk