[Gllug] [OT] Testing SDHC cards

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 19:16:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

Are there any good Linux tools for testing SDHC cards.
What I want is a tool that does a good test of the SDHC card before I
use it in order to try and find out if it is a good or bad card.

I currently have a number of Transcend SDHC cards and although I have
not had problems with them yet, would like to find some way to be
sure.
For example, if a SDHC is marked Class 10, how can I test to see if it
is really a Class 10 device.

I would also like to be able to test if every sector on the card is
good for both read and write.

Any ideas?

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk