[Gllug] A long shot... Windows support

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Sun Dec 26 20:05:27 UTC 2010

Tet,
  Sorry, I don't know anyone who can help, however, when it comes to DNS
issues under windows, the first thing I would try is to point the DNS
resolver at an open DNS server... such as 4.2.2.2 and see if that resolves
the issue.  You can change this setting in the networking control panel
under the specific adapter settings.  You might have to change to manual /
static IP rather than DHCP / automatic but this is fairly easy.  Go
Start->Run->cmd (Start and type cmd in the search box for W7) and then run
ipconfig and write down the IPv4 address of their Ethernet adapter... it
should be something like 192.168.1.100.  Actually to be safe, save all the
info to a text file.  Then go to the network adapter settings and change the
TCP/IP settings.  you should be able to change the DNS from auto to manual
and supply 4.2.2.2 as the primary.  Then close the dialog saving the
changes, while this should take effect immediately I would reboot just to be
safe.  If that doesn't solve the problem, I would look at getting some in
for support.

Good luck and Happy Boxing Day

Andy