[Gllug] nslookup resolves but not ping or http

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Dec 9 09:32:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 20:24 +0000, Progga wrote:
> I once read an article [0] linked from reddit which detailed someone's
> experience and it sounded really interesting.
>
> [0] http://blog.unixy.net/2010/08/the-penultimate-guide-to-stopping-a-ddos-attack-a-new-approach/

That should be effective to some degree against a DDoS attacks run by
simple script kiddies but those who know what they are about will have
little trouble wiping out cheap VM based proxies.

Still it's a good idea for a relatively inexpensive DDoS protection
service if it is based upon dedicated hardware rather than VMs.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk