[Gllug] Hard disk recommendations please

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Dec 8 19:59:18 UTC 2010

On 5 Dec 2010, j. roberts spake thusly:

> On 04/12/10 00:55, Nix wrote:
>> (Areca, in
>> case it matters, which suck quite a bit less than most of the
>> competition). There's been no corruption whatsoever.
>
> We have had issues with the Linux utility breaking various things: have
> you worked around these or not experienced any (we're running Debian
> mostly)?

I hardly ever run it. It's never broken anything (neither the somewhat
horrible closed-source CLI program or the deeply horrible closed-
source HTTP not-a-daemon.)

It's never caused any trouble with anything else on the system, though I
wish the daemon was open-source and/or the damn thing supported SMART
directly like everything else (OK, *better* than everything else, I'd
like useful SMART, if that's not an oxymoron).
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk