[Gllug] nslookup resolves but not ping or http

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:03:58 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 22:46, t.clarke wrote:
> Hmm,   think it actually not a propagation issue after all......
> Having tried the bytemark nameservers directly using nslookup, none of
> them would respond to any query  - so looks like they are 'dead'
>
> Presumably the www.dbpro.org.uk address is being retrieved from our own ISP's
> nameserver cache.
>
> Tim

I've had to take it down. Bytemark changed their policy requiring any servers hosting Wikileaks to be moved to a throw-away IP. As I have a few sites and a mailserver I depend on running on the same server it would be too much hassle to change the IP, probably several times, so I decided to pull it.

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk