[Gllug] PAYG mobile broadband

Tristan Miller psychonaut at nothingisreal.com
Wed Dec 15 16:58:38 UTC 2010

Dear Steve,

On Wednesday 15 December 2010, Steve Parker wrote:
> I have been using a 3 dongle for the past 18 months; £15/month with a
> 5Gb cap. Works fine here in Holborn, and almost everywhere I've tried
> it.

That sounds great.  Can you give me more details of the package?  I don't
see it listed on 3's PAYG mobile broadband packages page at
<http://threestore.three.co.uk/payg/?modem=1> or
<http://www.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/Choose_a_price_plan/Pay_As_You_Go>.
According to these pages you buy the modem for a certain price (depending
on how much data allowance you want at the outset), but £15 gets you only
an additional 3GB, not 5GB.

Also, do you know the make and model of your dongle?  It's possible that in
18 months they've switched to another brand and model which might not work
with Linux.

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o         Tristan Miller          ><  Space is limited