[Gllug] Computer won't turn on

Sanatan Rai sanatan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 10:02:33 UTC 2010

> Yes, never ever buy an Advent, or a HP laptop/desktop for that matter
> (dunno if their servers are any good).

    I take your point about cheap hardware, but to be fair, this machine
is slightly over five years old. So far the only thing I have spent on
is thermal paste and grease remover: about £5's worth.

    The machine's run well so far, apart from the overheating problems
that began in year four, and I was able to diagnose correctly only
after months. These got fixed by the new thermal paste (inspiration
from a thread anent this hereon some months back).

--Sanatan
--
Sanatan Rai
3, Admirals Court,