[Gllug] VPN?

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Tue Feb 9 00:11:17 UTC 2010

Hello,
   I am trying to learn more about networking using a single public IP
address allocated to an IPCop box. I have put a small number of computers on
the protected "green" network of the IPCop box, one of which is configured
as both mailserver and samba fileserver, with three groups of files needing
different access restrictions (general work files, restricted office files,
and personal files). One of the other boxes is a M$ Windows laptop which is
sometimes connected by direct ethernet but is also required to fully connect
to the server as a "RoadWarrior" at other times. My first thought was to set
up a VPN, but is this the best approach?
   Any advice welcomed, thanks in advance.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk